What can I do if I have a complaint?

The ordinance relies on STR hosts to “be a good neighbor” and has provisions to reduce the impacts of STRs on neighboring properties. Licensed STR hosts are required to notify their neighbors of approved licenses. The STR application also requires an emergency contact that can respond to the property within 60 minutes. The license must be posted within the STR. 

If there are complaints regarding an STR operation, Wheat Ridge residents can use the link below to submit a complaint regarding potential violations of the STR ordinance. This is not a tool for generic complaints unrelated to STRs or inquiries about the ordinance. 


For issues related to general property maintenance or nuisance and not specifically related to STRs (such as noise, weeds, trash, or illegal parking), please contact WRPD Code Enforcement at 303-235-2926. For emergencies, please call 911.

Show All Answers

1. What is a Short-Term Rental or STR?
2. What is included in the ordinance?
3. Who can operate a short-term rental?
4. Who needs to apply for a Short-Term Rental License?
5. Can one offer short-term rentals to multiple parties at the same time on the same property?
6. Does my short-term rental license apply to multiple properties?
7. Are there limits on the number of Short-Term Rentals?
8. Do I have to display my license?
9. What is the cost of an STR license?
10. What if I do not obtain a Short-Term Rental License?
11. Do I also need to obtain a separate business license?
12. Do I need a Short-Term Rental license if I hire a property management company?
13. Are home inspections required?
14. Do short-term rental licensees have to pay taxes?
15. How to I fill out a lodging tax form if I list on Airbnb?
16. What can I do if I have a complaint?