What do I do if my records are destroyed?
If a computer crash or other calamity wipes out the records you need to file a tax return, simply call the Tax Division (or email us) for an average tax amount for the last year and file an estimated return based on that. After you've recovered your data, you can amend the return to reflect the actual activity. Any amount over-paid will become a credit on your account. Account credits will be applied to outstanding amounts due on your account and any extra may be refunded to you upon request. In a severe situation, such as a widespread natural disaster, the City will establish a temporary relief policy according to the situation.

Show All Answers

1. Does my business need a City license?
2. How long does it take to get my business/tax license?
3. Is the city of my mailing address the city to which I pay tax?
4. What is the City sales tax rate?
5. When do I charge City sales tax?
6. When must sales tax be paid to the City?
7. When are sales not subject to the City sales tax?
8. What is use tax?
9. When must use tax be paid to the City?
10. Are shipping, freight and handling taxable in the City?
11. Are fuel and other surcharges taxable in the City?
12. Can I get help completing my City sales tax return?
13. Do I have to pay tax when I buy a business in the City?
14. How do I get a refund of sales tax?
15. How do I obtain a refund of building permit use tax?
16. Are items sold in vending machines taxable in the City?
17. Are car washes and laundries taxable in the City?
18. How do I obtain Colorado tax information?
19. What is physical vs. economic nexus?
20. What do I do if my records are destroyed?
21. When does my eTax return or renewal post?