How can I obtain building records for a property address?

Building & Inspection Services maintains a digital archive of address files which includes records of applications, building permits, and other information pertinent to that address dating back to 1995. 

Here are the instructions for the online archive to locate permit copies and inspection results:

For best results, use the path below:

Select Community Development (or CommDev) -> Building Division -> Address Files -> Select Street Name -> Select Addres

Any building records prior to 1995 are maintained on microfilm in the Community Development Department at the City Municipal Building. A public information request (PIR) is required to research those documents and information. Public Information Request Form

Public Information Request Form

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a building permit?
2. How do I request an inspection?
3. How long is my permit valid?
4. What is a Certificate of Occupancy / Completion?
5. What codes does the City of Wheat Ridge enforce?
6. When do I need a permit?
7. What type of building permit is needed to cover different types of work?
8. How do I apply for a building permit?
9. How long will it take to get a permit?
10. What is the best way to submit over-the-counter building permits?
11. Can homeowners submit their own drawings?
12. How much will a building permit cost?
13. How do I determine my valuation of work?
14. What type of payment do you accept?
15. How do I check the status of my permit?
16. What time are the inspectors in the office?
17. Does the city license contractors?
18. Who is required to obtain a contractors license?
19. What are the city’s testing requirements for licensing?
20. Does the city accept other cities’ licensing/testing?
21. What are the City’s roofing requirements?
22. How can I find out what specific policies and procedures have been adopted by the City's Building Division?
23. How can I obtain building records for a property address?
24. Do I need a permit to install, widen, or modify a driveway?