What is required to close the street for our neighborhood block party?

Submittal of a permit application is required to close the street for traditional block parties. A petition is required for non-traditional block parties (see Policy for details/definition). Block Parties will be considered for local neighborhood streets only. The City staff ask that the permit application be submitted a minimum of two weeks prior to the event. The permit application will be reviewed and if approved a copy will be mailed to the applicant in addition to notifying Emergency Response personnel of the closure. The Operations Division will also be notified to schedule delivery of road closure signs. Application and petition forms will be found on the Website. If you have further questions you may call the Public Works at (303) 205-7615.

Street Closure App and Policy

Show All Answers

1. If I have a Contractor License why would I also need a Municipal Contractor License?
2. If the general contractor has a Municipal Contractor License and is issued the permit, do subcontractors need to be licensed too?
3. What is required to work in the City Right of Way?
4. Do I need a permit to have a POD or Dumpster container placed in the street in front of my property?
5. Does the building permit include the stipulated Public Improvements that were required with the building’s plan approval?
6. What is required to close the street for our neighborhood block party?