How do I file a restraining order?
Victims of domestic violence can contact Women in Crisis in Jefferson County at 303-420-6752 for assistance in filing for a restraining order.

If the restraining order is related to a domestic violence situation there is no fee for either filing for or service of the restraining order.

For non-domestic violence related cases you may contact your local county court. In Jefferson County call 303-654-3259.

For additional information regarding restraining orders please feel free to contact the Victim Outreach Information at 303-202-2196.

Show All Answers

1. I need information about an ongoing investigation. Who do I call?
2. Who starts the investigation?
3. How are crimes classified?
4. Who continues the investigation?
5. Are all cases actively investigated?
6. I reported a felony crime. Will a detective call me tomorrow?
7. What happens when an investigation is complete?
8. Will I have to go to court?
9. How do I file a restraining order?