If I am involved in an accident can I move my car out of traffic?
Vehicles involved in a traffic accident on city streets should be left on scene until the arrival of a police officer unless there is a safety hazard. If the vehicles involved are causing a safety hazard they should be moved to a safe location if possible. When an accident occurs on the traveled portion, median or ramp of a divided highway (I-70) and each vehicle can be safely driven, each driver shall move their vehicle as soon as possible off the traveled portion to a suitable location to exchange information and wait for police response.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the impound located?
2. My car has been impounded, how do I get it back?
3. How long can vehicles be parked on the street and what can I do if one has been in the same place for a long time?
4. How do I report an abandoned vehicle located on a public street?
5. What can we do about speeding on our street?
6. If I am involved in an accident do I have to make a report?
7. If I am involved in an accident can I move my car out of traffic?
8. What should I do if I’m in an accident?
9. What should I do if the City is on accident alert?
10. Are motorized bicycles, scooters, and Mopeds legal?
11. Do police have to obey the traffic laws?
12. Is warning other motorists about speed traps legal?
13. Is it illegal to throw a cigarette out of a vehicle?
14. Why did I have to put my fingerprint on the traffic ticket I received?