If I am involved in an accident do I have to make a report?
State law requires immediate police notification of traffic accidents involving any property damage or a claim of injury. When in doubt, call the police department at 303-237-2220 for instructions on how to report and document the accident. Depending on the circumstances, an officer may respond or you may be directed to make a counter report. If you are involved in an accident on public property with any injury or property damage in excess of $1,000.00 a written report must be filed through the police department with the Department of Revenue.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the impound located?
2. My car has been impounded, how do I get it back?
3. How long can vehicles be parked on the street and what can I do if one has been in the same place for a long time?
4. How do I report an abandoned vehicle located on a public street?
5. What can we do about speeding on our street?
6. If I am involved in an accident do I have to make a report?
7. If I am involved in an accident can I move my car out of traffic?
8. What should I do if I’m in an accident?
9. What should I do if the City is on accident alert?
10. Are motorized bicycles, scooters, and Mopeds legal?
11. Do police have to obey the traffic laws?
12. Is warning other motorists about speed traps legal?
13. Is it illegal to throw a cigarette out of a vehicle?
14. Why did I have to put my fingerprint on the traffic ticket I received?