When can I report a runaway?
There is no waiting period mandated for reporting a missing person or runaway. Reports can be made at the Wheat Ridge Police Department, 7500 W. 29th Avenue or by calling 303-237-2220. However all attempts should be made to locate the missing person or runaway prior to making a police report. Age/history/etc. sometime dictate when the police accept a runaway report versus taking a more proactive role (possible child abduction). Parents are held legally responsible for the safety and welfare of their children. Therefore, they should report their child as a runaway unless they are confident the child is living in a safe and satisfactory environment.

Show All Answers

1. What happens when I call 9-1-1?
2. What do I say when I call 9-1-1 from a landline at a home or business?
3. What if I dial 9-1-1 by mistake?
4. When should I call 9-1-1?
5. What about 9-1-1 and cell phones?
6. Which number should I call for non-emergency situations?
7. Who do I call for general police information?
8. I'm going out of town on vacation. What do I need to do?
9. Can I call with information and not give my name?
10. How can I find more information on police activity during weekends?
11. How do I report an abandoned vehicle located on a public street?
12. How do I report a missing person/runaway?
13. When can I report a runaway?
14. How do I report a crime?
15. Who should I call to report hazardous waste?
16. I have more information regarding a crime I reported. Who do I call?