The City of Wheat Ridge is pleased to announce the nominees for its 2022 Business Appreciation Awards. Winners will be announced at the City’s 18th Annual Business Appreciation Awards breakfast event on Thursday, Sept. 29, 2022, hosted by Wheat Ridge Mayor Bud Starker.
Nominees in each category include the following:
- 2022 Business of the Year: This award recognizes a business that exemplifies the ‘Best in Business’ that represents the values of the community. Nominees: Clancy’s Irish Pub, Hickory Baked Ham Company, Megan’s Place, Prosmile Dental, Vitruvian Fitness, Wheat Ridge Living Magazine, and Wheat Ridge Poultry and Meats.
- 2022 Reinvestment Award: This award recognizes businesses that demonstrated one or more of the following: made a significant investment in its property, improved the overall appearance of the site, maintained property at the highest standards, or updated their building in a manner to make it more marketable. Honorees: Applejack Wine and Liquor, Foothills Credit Union, Gold’s Marketplace, and New Image Brewery
• 2022 Cultural Commission Award - The Cultural Commission Award recognizes a business that has made an impact on the community through one or more of the following: promoting/encouraging culture and the arts, promoting awareness of the City’s cultural activities, diversity, and heritage, supporting opportunities in art education for all ages, or incorporating art into the architecture and design of their building.
Additional awards to be presented:
1) City Council’s Partnership Award - This award gives the City Council an opportunity to recognize a company for their overall contributions to the City. It incorporates criteria from all award categories as well as contributions in volunteerism, leadership, and community investment/involvement.
2) Mayor’s Partnership Award - This award gives the Mayor an opportunity to recognize a person or company for their overall contributions. It incorporates criteria from all award categories as well as contributions in volunteerism, leadership, and community investment, but must also include involvement with the mentoring, training, and partnering with youth. (City Council and the Mayor’s Partnership awards are selected independently by city council, the mayor, the Wheat Ridge Business Association (WRBA), and the Wheat Ridge Cultural Commission; therefore, there is not a nominee list but only a single winner.)
3) WRBA annual ‘Member of the Year’ Award - Honors the top member of the WRBA for their efforts to improve/enhance business in Wheat Ridge as well as promote the association. 4) Rising Star Award - Presented by the WRBA honoring a member who has shown growing leadership throughout the year.
5) Wheat Ridge Chamber of Commerce (Award) - An award presented to one of its members for continued support of the chamber. 6) Wheat Ridge Sustainability Award - This is a ‘first time’ presentation from the Sustainable Wheat Ridge Committee and will honor a business that has adopted a sustainability program and best practices. Nominees: 5 Fridges Farm, Colorado Plus, and Wheelie Bean Coffee.