Building & Inspection Services
Building and Inspection Services UPDATE:
City of Wheat Ridge is working normal business hours to issue permits, conduct plan review and inspections. We are not allowing work to begin without a permit due to the pandemic.
Do not start work until your permit has been issued via email or at a drop location.
The City of Wheat Ridge has made the decision to close all facilities in an effort to protect public health and prevent the spread of COVID-19. We continue to provide essential services and are making some city services available online or by phone.
For updates on accessing city services during the closures, visit www.bit.ly/WRCOVID-19
To receive alerts about COVID-19 and the impact of the virus on the City of Wheat Ridge, please subscribe to the City’s Emergency Preparedness Alerts
For Permitting and Inspection Information, check here: https://www.ci.wheatridge.co.us/1768/Permit-Applications-Temporarily-OnlineIn
Our office hours are limited and we will be working remotely to assist the needs of our patrons. We are checking emails and voicemail throughout the day. For quickest assistance, please email email@example.com.
Thank you for your patience and stay healthy!
UPDATE: Policy for Contemporaneous Review for State of Colorado issued Electrical and Plumbing Licenses
ResponsibilitiesBuilding and Inspection Services is responsible for:
- Administering and enforcing the adopted International Codes, National Electrical Code, and City Ordinances to ensure commercial and residential structures are built to standards that protect the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens and general public
- Guaranteeing health care facilities in the City of Wheat Ridge meet or exceed standards established by the State of Colorado
- Providing code and ordinance interpretations to citizens, contractors, and design professionals through consultation and informational handouts
- Reviewing building applications and plans for compliance with ordinances and codes, and coordinating reviews with outside agencies to ensure state and local public health, safety, and welfare standards are achieved
- Conducting inspections of construction work requiring building permits to ensure the safety of the public and compliance with city ordinances and codes
- Verifying qualifications and licensing of contractors
- Inspecting properties throughout Wheat Ridge for compliance with the International Property Maintenance Code and city zoning ordinances