- Your City
- Administrative Services
- Tax & Licensing
- Carnation Festival
Carnation Festival Information
Location: Anderson Park - 44th & Field St.
Temporary Business and Tax License
- Apply for the License: Use the first two pages of this form.
- Temporary License Fee: FREE
- Tax Deposit if selling items: $50
- Special Notes:
- Post the license or keep it handy for inspection.
- Already licensed? Bring a copy to the event. No deposit is required.
- Sales tax applies to:
- Sales of food and/or merchandise
- NOT items such as face-painting, henna tattoos, balloon bending, or neck rubs: pay tax when buying supplies!
- To keep things simple consider including tax in the price of items and include that information in a sign.
- If licensed for the event only, the return is due September 20th.
- The deposit offsets what is owed. For those who owe less than the deposit, a refund will be mailed.
- Non-sellers must still file a ZERO return!
- Regular license holders may remit the tax with the usual return.
- Temporary License holders may remit the tax by mailing their return and payment to: City of Wheat Ridge, Attn: Finance Division, 7500 W 29th Ave, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033. No online filing options are available for temporary licenses.
- What happens for filing late?: A 10% penalty of $15.00, whichever is greater. Plus interest.
- What happens for not filing?" The tax deposit is forfeited, and future license will not be approved.
- The Finance Division is available to assist with any tax and licensing questions. Call 303-235-2869 or email [email protected] Finance staff will also roam the event.