Carnation Festival

Carnation Festival Information                                                                                                

Stay tuned for details about the 2024 Carnation Festival! 

Location: Anderson Park - 44th & Field St.

Carnation Festival

Temporary Business and Tax License

  •  Apply for the License: Use the first two pages of this form
  •  Temporary License Fee: FREE
  •  Tax Deposit if selling items: $50 
  • Special Notes: 
    •  Post the license or keep it handy for inspection.
    •  Already licensed? Bring a copy to the event. No deposit is required. 

Sales Tax

  • Sales tax applies to: 
    • Sales of food and/or merchandise
    • NOT items such as face-painting, henna tattoos, balloon bending, or neck rubs: pay tax when buying supplies!
    • To keep things simple consider including tax in the price of items and include that information in a sign. 
  • If licensed for the event only, the return is due September 20th. 
    •  The deposit offsets what is owed. For those who owe less than the deposit, a refund will be mailed.
    • Non-sellers must still file a ZERO return! 
  • Regular license holders may remit the tax with the usual return. 
  • Temporary License holders may remit the tax by mailing their return and payment to: City of Wheat Ridge, Attn: Finance Division, 7500 W 29th Ave, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033. No online filing options are available for temporary licenses.
  • What happens for filing late?: A 10% penalty of $15.00, whichever is greater. Plus interest.
  • What happens for not filing?" The tax deposit is forfeited, and future license will not be approved. 


  •  The Finance Division is available to assist with any tax and licensing questions. Call 303-235-2869 or email [email protected]. Finance staff will also roam the event.