Large Item Pick-up
Wheat Ridge will host the Large Item Pickup Program for residents located within the Wheat Ridge city limits on Saturday, June 5, 2021 and Saturday, June 12, 2021. Preregistration is required and begins Monday, April 26 at 7 a.m. Registration ended on Friday, May 21, 2021.
The first 270 City of Wheat Ridge residences that register for the program were eligible to have ONE large bulky household item picked up (see item examples below), that local residential trash service will not collect without extra payment:
- Up to 135 residences will have a pickup scheduled on Saturday, June 5, 2021
- Up to 135 residences will have a pickup scheduled on Saturday, June 12, 2021
Verification of Wheat Ridge residency and pre-approval of the type of item to be picked up will be required at the time of registration.
Pick Up of Additional Large Items
- Anyone wishing to have more than one large item picked up, must contact Republic Services Customer Service (the contracted company for this program) at 303-286-1200; no later than one (1) week prior to the scheduled large item pick up date to determine costs and availability of this service. Pre-payment to Republic Services will be required. The City of Wheat Ridge will not pay the cost to have additional large items picked up
- Only one, pre-approved large item will be picked up, unless pre-arranged thru Republic Services as listed above.
- Pickup will not be approved for unit-type residences, such as apartments, townhomes, or condominiums. Businesses are not eligible for the Large Item Pickup Program.
- Scheduled pickup hours will occur between 7 a.m. and approximately 5 p.m. There is no specific time for pickup on any particular street; therefore, any large item scheduled for pickup must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on the registered pickup date.
- Do not place large pick up item with refuse to be collected by a regular collection service.
- Pickup will occur on private streets only if they are wider than 20’ and loop to a public street, connect to a public street at both ends, or end with a standard size cul-de-sac.
- Trash containers will not be emptied; trash bags and additional large items will not be picked up.
- A large item will not be picked up if two workers cannot safely lift it into the collection truck. A wood stove, for example, will not be picked up due to its weight.
Examples of large items allowed for the pickup program:
- ONE: piece of furniture, bed including mattress, box spring & frame, stove, oven, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, sink, toilet, bathtub, door, window, water heater, gas grill (no propane bottle), swing set (disassembled) or bicycle
Examples of items not allowed for the pickup program: (additional information about recycling is available on the city website at ci.wheatridge.co. us:
- refrigerator, freezer, or any item with Freon, microwave oven
- wood stove
- television, computer monitor, and computer
- garbage bags full of trash or loose debris that will fit into a garbage bag or trashcan
- trees, branches, or shrubs or mixed branches and trash
- household chemicals and paint, fuel tanks or cans, batteries, propane bottles, or closed drums
- gravel, asphalt, pipe (any type or size), rock, sod, earth, concrete, brick, block, pavers, or roofing materials
- engine blocks, car parts, or any small gas engine equipment
- materials or debris from a private contractor’s work