The Wheat Ridge Police Department (WRPD) uses LexisNexis.com
, a web-based service that allows citizens to view police calls for service in their neighborhood and throughout the City of Wheat Ridge.
How The Community Crime Map Works
- Register free of charge at LexisNexis.com to receive email alerts of map updates and neighborhood watch reports
- Change settings so the map reflects all of the data available or only the data you are interested in viewing, whether for a specific address or the entire city
- View police calls-for-service for a variety of date spans and crime types
- Create density maps based on the data and interpret crime hotspots in their area
- Access colorful crime trend graphs and statistics
Targeted Crime Mapping
Data from the crime maps on Lexis.Nexis.com
can be reviewed and used to:
- Improve community safety
- Inquire about the police activity in certain neighborhoods
- Begin discussions as part of a coordinated crime prevention initiative
It is important to note that, due to some confidentiality requirements, not all calls-for-service can be displayed. Also, there may be times when multiple calls into the 911 Center that are represented by a single incident entry into the CAD system and that some calls-for-service do not equate to a criminal incident resulting in a case report or arrest.