COVID Related Updates
- COVID State Public Health Orders
- Jefferson County Public Health
- City Updates
- City Business Continuity Information
In order to assist Wheat Ridge businesses impacted by the pandemic, the City of Wheat Ridge is offering temporary relief by waiving the Liquor Occupational Taxes (LOT) through an approved application and vetting process.
To be eligible for a waiver of 2021 Liquor Occupation Taxes (LOT), businesses must:
- Hold a retail liquor license for on-premises consumption (ex. Tavern, Beer & Wine, Hotel/Restaurant, Brew Pub)
- Demonstrate at least 20% revenue reduction in 2020 over 2019
- If newly opened in 2020, demonstrate at least 20% revenue reduction over projections
- Be in good standing with regards to licensing and sales tax remittance with the City of Wheat Ridge
If a LOT form has been submitted in 2021, and the applicant is seeking a refund, a completed ACH and W9 form must also be submitted. Refunds will ONLY be made through electronic transfer via ACH.
Application submission expires April 30, 2021 at 5:00 P.M.. At that time, all approved applications will be processed in a single batch, with refunds being sent out accordingly afterwards.
To apply for a LOT waiver
Because the holding of any type of liquor license grants legal privileges and rights as well as imposing considerable responsibilities, the proceedings governing the granting and revocation of such licenses can appear to be complex and not easily understood by citizens. This information is intended to assist citizens in participating more effectively in the liquor licensing process.
Please call Deputy City Clerk 303-235-2816 to schedule an appointment for submitting applications or to ask any questions that you may have. More information- Understanding the licensing process.
The City of Wheat Ridge follows the Colorado Revised Statutes for all liquor licensing
The liquor laws of the State of Colorado restrict the sale and dispensing of alcohol beverages. Any person intending to manufacture, sell, or traffic malt, vinous or spirituous liquor in the State of Colorado must apply for a liquor license.
What are you looking for?
Below is a comprehensive list of all the actions that can be taken with a liquor license. Find what you need, click on it and you will be taken to a new page with additional information along with all of the documents needed in PDF fillable forms.
- State of Colorado Forms
- New Liquor License Liquor Server Training
- Transfer of Ownership http://www.gettips.com/
- Annual Renewal http://www.gettips.com/ (Web Based)
- Modification of Premises http://www.servsafe.com/home.aspx
- Change of Corporate Structure
- Special Event Permits
- Alcohol/Wine Tastings
- Voluntary Surrender of State and City License
- Manager Registration
- Art Gallery Permit