Building Division Services have been restored after the August 29 cyber security incident. Permits may be submitted online.
Inspections may be requested in the following ways:
To reach the Building Division please use these methods:
Email: [email protected]
Scheduling a Building Inspection
Contractors are required to schedule inspection using their contractor portal login. This is the best way for a contractor to schedule and see the status of permits and inspections.
If you require assistance on setting up your contractor portal please email [email protected]
This link should be used by homeowners only scheduling inspections for a homeowner permit where they are doing the work themselves.
For questions about inspections, email [email protected].
Inspection Time Window
Time Windows are not given over the phone or by email. To see the estimated inspection time ( 2 hour time window) based on where your inspection falls in the inspector's route, you can verify AFTER 8:00 AM the Day of the inspection by entering the permit number HERE . When viewing your inspection time window, the time given is a 2 hour window 1 hour before and 1 hour after the time shown is the window. Example: Inspection time shown is 11:00 AM, your 2 hour time window is 10:00 to 12:00. We do not take requests for specific times.
Same Day Inspection Requests
Same day inspection requests must be received by 11 am and are based on inspector availability. A fee of $120 will be assessed.ens a New Window.
Canceling a Building Inspection
Inspection cancellations may be submitted through our online Inspection Cancellation Form. Cancellation requests must be received by 8:00 a.m. on the day of the scheduled inspection. Any request received after this time will be subject to a $60 re-inspection fee. Inspections are not automatically rescheduled.
- Inspections are required in some form for all building permits. The inspection record posted on the job will have a list of required inspections. This is a general record so only inspections that would apply to your specific project would be required.
- Inspections requested prior to 11:59 pm on that business day will be performed the following business day. Be sure to anticipate the need for inspections to prevent delays.
- Inspectors do not carry ladders. Inspections needing a ladder to be conducted, must have a ladder set up and secured prior to arrival of the inspector.
- If a requested inspection cannot be performed due to inclement weather, the contractor and/or property owner are responsible for canceling the requested inspection no later than 8 a.m. on the day of inspection. If an inspector arrives to perform a requested inspection that cannot be conducted and has not been canceled, a re-inspection fee of $60 will be assessed and will be required to be paid prior to the next inspection.
- Inspections will not be performed on subcontracted work done by an unlicensed subcontractor. Discovery of unlicensed contractors may result in work stoppages and a municipal summons.
- Final inspections are the last step in the inspection process, and approval of the final inspections is your confirmation that the work has been satisfactorily completed according to the building code.
Please Note: Prior to the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy or Completion, all requirements of the Planning, Engineering, Fire and Health Departments are required to be met.