Updated 11/20/2020: If the GC or person requesting the inspection is sick or showing any symptoms of being sick, a replacement will need to be on-site.
The areas that are in need of inspection must be cleared of all workers during the time the inspection is taking place with the building inspector. Face coverings must be worn at all times. The inspection will be terminated if the person on-site is showing any symptoms or any of these safety protocols are not followed.
For questions about inspections, email email@example.com.
Time Windows are not given over the phone. To receive a 2 hour time window based on where your inspection falls in the inspector's route, you must send an email BEFORE 7:30 AM the morning of the inspection to firstname.lastname@example.org with address or permit number in the subject line. We do not take requests for specific times.
We may not be able to accommodate requests received after 7:30 AM.
Same day inspection requests must be received by 11 am. A fee of $120 will be assessed.ens a New Window.
Scheduling a Building Inspection
To schedule a building inspection, send your request through our online Inspection Request Form. Please use only ONE method of requesting an inspection. Calling and submitting requests online is delaying inspectors from getting in the field.
To receive a 2 hour time window based on the inspectors route, you must send an email before 7:30 AM to: email@example.com.
Canceling a Building Inspection
Inspection cancellations may be submitted through our online Inspection Cancellation Form. Cancellation requests must be received by 8:00 a.m. on the day of the scheduled inspection. Any request received after this time will be subject to a $60 re-inspection fee. Inspections are not automatically rescheduled.
- Inspections are required in some form for all building permits. The inspection record posted on the job will have a list of required inspections. This is a general record so only inspections that would apply to your specific project would be required.
- Inspections requested prior to 11:59 pm on that business day will be performed the following business day. Be sure to anticipate the need for inspections to prevent delays.
- Inspectors do not carry ladders. Inspections needing a ladder to be conducted, must have a ladder set up and secured prior to arrival of the inspector.
- If a requested inspection cannot be performed due to inclement weather, the contractor and/or property owner are responsible for canceling the requested inspection no later than 8 a.m. on the day of inspection. If an inspector arrives to perform a requested inspection that cannot be conducted and has not been canceled, a re-inspection fee of $60 will be assessed and will be required to be paid prior to the next inspection.
- Inspections will not be performed on subcontracted work done by an unlicensed subcontractor. Discovery of unlicensed contractors may result in work stoppages and a municipal summons.
- Final inspections are the last step in the inspection process, and approval of the final inspections is your confirmation that the work has been satisfactorily completed according to the building code.
Please Note: Prior to the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy or Completion, all requirements of the Planning, Engineering, Fire and Health Departments are required to be met.