The Wheat Ridge Economic Development Division is dedicated to the businesses and community members of Wheat Ridge by providing a phenomenal array of resources right here in the community.
Wheat Ridge has an excellent business community with a convenient location and easy access to major thoroughfares. Wheat Ridge is a business-friendly community neighboring both downtown Denver and the I-70 Corridor.
Residents, visitors and businesses alike enjoy the outstanding quality of life in Wheat Ridge with miles of open space, trails, and parks all nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. The resources the Economic Development Division has access to will help businesses grow and thrive.
Wheat Ridge Annual Business Awards 2022
The City of Wheat Ridge, the Wheat Ridge Business Association (WRBA), and the Wheat Ridge Chamber of Commerce recognize outstanding businesses in the community at the annual Wheat Ridge Business Appreciation Awards Ceremony. Local leaders and members of the business community join Wheat Ridge Mayor Bud Starker to honor the achievements of Wheat Ridge businesses. To nominate a business for this year's Annual Business Awards fill out this form.
The 2021 award recipients:
- Wheat Ridge Business of the Year – Personal Achievement Marshal Arts
- Wheat Ridge Reinvestment Award–
- West End 38
- U.S. Retailers for Applewood Shopping Center
- Wheat Ridge Cultural Commission Award – Stylus & Crate
- Wheat Ridge City Council Partnership Award –
- Eugene Kahng – Colorado Plus
- Wheat Ridge Mayor’s Partnership Award – Dominick Breton
- Green Business Award – Stylus & Crate
- WRBA Rising Star Award – Lynn Tran, Wild & Precious Optimal Living
- WRBA Member of the Year – Maki DeLaet, Educyber
- Wheat Ridge Chamber Business of the Year – Stylus & Crate
- Wheat Ridge Chamber Non-Profit – Kiwanis Club of Wheat Ridge
- Wheat Ridge Chamber Volunteer of the Year – Sean Neelan, Compass Real Estate
Economic Development Strategic Plan
The Economic Development Strategic Plan (EDSP) consists of information taken from other planning documents that have gone through the public review and input process and have also been approved by Wheat Ridge City Council, including the Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy (NRS), various Renewal Wheat Ridge plans, and Envision Wheat Ridge.