- Your City
- City Manager
- Economic Development
The Wheat Ridge Economic Development Division is dedicated to the businesses and community members of Wheat Ridge by providing a phenomenal array of resources right here in the community.
Wheat Ridge has an excellent business community with a convenient location and easy access to major thoroughfares. Wheat Ridge is a business-friendly community neighboring both downtown Denver and the I-70 Corridor.
Residents, visitors and businesses alike enjoy the outstanding quality of life in Wheat Ridge with miles of open space, trails, and parks all nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. The resources the Economic Development Division has access to will help businesses grow and thrive.
Wheat Ridge Annual Business Awards
The City of Wheat Ridge, the Wheat Ridge Business Association (WRBA), and the Wheat Ridge Chamber of Commerce recognize outstanding businesses in the community at the annual Wheat Ridge Business Appreciation Awards Ceremony. Local leaders and members of the business community join Wheat Ridge Mayor Bud Starker to honor the achievements of Wheat Ridge businesses.
The 2022 award recipients:
- Mayor’s Award – Cheryl Brungardt
- Council Partnership – Rebekah Raudabaugh
- Business of the Year – Wheat Ridge Poultry & Meat
- Reinvestment – Gold’s Marketplace, Foothills Credit Union, Applejack Wine and Liquor, New Image Brewery
- Sustainability Award – The Wheelie Bean
- Cultural Commission – Clancy’s Irish Pub
- WRBA Member of the Year – Peter Dewolf, Margie Seyfer
- WRBA Rising Star Award – Jeremy Laufer
- Chamber Business of the Year – Kerry Iselin
- Chamber Volunteer of the Year – Bob Dubois – Paramount Roofing and Gutters
- Non-Profit of the Year – Jefferson Center for Mental Health
Economic Development Strategic Plan
The Economic Development Strategic Plan (EDSP) consists of information taken from other planning documents that have gone through the public review and input process and have also been approved by Wheat Ridge City Council, including the Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy (NRS), various Renewal Wheat Ridge plans, and Envision Wheat Ridge.