The City of Wheat Ridge Municipal Nuisance Code is intended to benefit everyone while making our neighborhoods safe, strong and attractive. Compliance can reduce vandalism, deter crime, maintain property values and prevent deterioration of your neighborhood.
Wheat Ridge codes are a collection of regulations and procedures to provide safe, healthy, and attractive living conditions for all residents.
We ensure our community’s quality of life and integrity through the enforcement of the Wheat Ridge Municipal Nuisance Code:
- Families will feel safe and secure in any place in the City
- People will move to and live in Wheat Ridge for the sense of community values
- The City will be neat and clean
- Homes will be well-maintained and attractive
- Wheat Ridge City facilities, parks, and open spaces are Smoke and Vapor Free
Top Code Violations
- Unreasonable Noise
- Tall grass and weeds
- Inoperable vehicles
- Outside storage of junk
- Illegal dumping
- Deteriorating residences and buildings
- Outside storage
- Garage sales without a permit
- Residential parking
TLC Neighborhood Program
The Wheat Ridge TLC Neighborhood program is a collaborative effort by WRPD, the City Community Development, Parks and Recreation, and Public Works departments, and Localworks.
Wheat Ridge TLC stands for Traffic Safety, Life Quality, and Crime Reduction. The program is conducted every year by the Community Services Team and is designed to engage the community in proactive code enforcement strategies.
Part of the program is the annual Dumpster Days. Trash dumpsters are provided free of charge within selected neighborhoods to assist and encourage residents to properly dispose of items that are difficult and sometimes expensive to remove. The calendar of clean up events is shared in the spring.