52nd and Ward Road Awarded to Goodland Construction
The project is reconstructing W 52nd Avenue between Ward Road and Tabor Street including the intersection of Ward Road and W 52nd Avenue and a water line replacement, Tabor Street between W 52nd Avenue and Ridge Road, and Ridge Road east of Tabor Street, and the east leg of the intersection of Ward Road and Ridge Road near the Wheat Ridge · Ward Station. The project start on November 1, 2022 and is planned to be completed on
For questions on the project please contact Goodland Construction at 303-278-8100
Youngfield Bridge Rehab – Awarded to TechCon
The 2023 Bridge Repair Project consists of performing critical maintenance to the Youngfield Bridge over Clear Creek The bridge repair project that includes replacing the existing expansion devices and encasing a pier cap. The expansion device in the middle of the bridge will be eliminated and the bridge expansion devices on each end of the bridge will be replaced. Two-way traffic will be maintained on the bridge at all times
For questions on the project please contact TechCon at 303-600-3727
I-70 over Ward Road Bridge Replacement
Updated Weekly Traffic Impacts & Work Update
Traffic Impacts - May 30 to June 2
Please be advised of the following additional traffic impacts (in red) for this week for the I-70 over Ward Road Bridge Replacement project in Jefferson County.
- A single left lane closure will be in place on westbound I-70 within the project limits (MP 266.5 to MP 265) from 4 a.m. to 6 am. on Wednesday, May 31 for equipment mobilization
- Daytime single lane closures switching to double lane closures will exist in both directions of Ward Road/CO 72 under I-70 Tuesday to Friday
- The closure limits are confined to Mile Point 0 (44th Ave) to MP .25 (just east of the I-70 interchange)
- The closures will be in place from approximately 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday to Friday
- Sidewalk access is limited and caution is advised
- Signs and construction devices are present to manage traffic
- All construction schedules are weather and work dependent and subject to change
- Please refer to COtrip.org for lane closures associated with this project
Work includes shoring installation and excavation, drilling caissons, and clearing and grubbing for the east abutment.
Crews removing bridge overhang and slope paving during overnight hours in mid-May.
Photos Anthony Lobato.
Nearby Project Impacts
I-70 over 32nd Ave Bridge Replacement - Exit 264
- Please be advised of ongoing traffic impacts on eastbound I-70 and on 32nd Ave. below I-70 related to the I-70 over 32nd Ave Bridge Replacement Project at Exit 264.
- The project limits for this project are Mile Point 265 Exit 265 (CO 58/Golden) to MP 263 Exit 263 (Colorado Mills Pkwy).
- Weekday lane closures will exist on 32nd Ave and intermittent overnight closures will be in place on I-70.
- Please refer to the project webpage for more information and to sign up for email or text alerts.
Harlan St Bridge Replacement & Interchange Improvement project - I-70 Exit 270
- Please be advised of ongoing traffic impacts on I-70 at Exit 270 related to the Harlan Street Bridge Replacement & Interchange Improvement project
- Impacts include full periodic closures of the Harlan St. interchange, the on and off ramps to westbound I-70 and other lane and road closures within the project's limits.
- This project is located on I-70 at Exit 270 (Harlan St)
- Motorists will be detoured to Wadsworth Blvd to bypass ramp closures
Ward Rd/CO 72 Resurfacing project - Frontage Road to Indiana
- Please be advised of ongoing lane and shoulder closures associated with this project
- These closures will be in place during overnight and daytime hours
- This project is expected to be complete by June 2023
I-70 over Ward Road Bridge Replacement
Updated Travel Alert
Full closure westbound I-70 at Ward Rd/CO 72 (Exit 266) - 11 p.m. Sunday, June 4 to 5 a.m. Monday, June 5 with detour in place. The Ward Road on ramp to westbound I-70 will also be closed from 7 p.m. on Sunday, June 4 until 5 a.m. on Monday, June 5.
The Colorado Department of Transportation will implement a full closure of westbound I-70 at Ward Road/CO 72 (Exit 266) and the Ward Road on-ramp to westbound I-70 during overnight hours on Sunday, June 4. During the full closures, all westbound I-70 traffic will be routed to W. 44th Ave to enter westbound I-70. Uniformed traffic control personnel, flaggers, signs and barricades will be present to manage traffic. Delays can be expected. The closure is necessary to maintain safety while crews remove an overhead sign and supporting structure. This work is part of CDOT's I-70 over Ward Road Bridge Replacement project that began earlier this year.
Traffic Impacts & Detour Route
- Starting at 7 p.m. on Sunday, June 4, the Ward Road on ramp to westbound I-70 will be closed and traffic will be detoured to the Clear Creek Drive/32nd Ave (Exit 264) on ramp via W. 44th Ave to access westbound I-70
- A single lane closure will also be in place at 7 p.m. June 4 on westbound I-70 at Ward Rd/CO 72 within the project limits
- The single lane closure will switch to a full closure of westbound I-70 at Ward Rd/CO 72 at 11 p.m. on Sunday, June 4
- The full closure of westbound I-70 will last from 11 p.m. on Sunday, June 4 to 5 a.m. on Monday, June 5
- During the six-hour closure, all westbound I-70 traffic will be routed off the interstate at the Ward Rd/CO 72 off-ramp at Exit 266
- Uniformed traffic control officers, flaggers, signs and barricades will be present to manage traffic flows and maintain safety
- Advanced warning signs and variable message boards will be posted along westbound I-70 from the I-25 interchange to Kipling St. (Exit 267) alerting motorists to the closure
- The recommended detour route from the Ward Rd off-ramp is: south on Ward Rd to W. 44th Ave., south on Youngfield St, and west to W. 40th Ave. to Clear Creek Drive to re-enter westbound I-70 at Exit 264 (Clear Creek Dr/32nd Ave). See map below.
- The detour will add approximately 2 miles and 5 minutes to travel times
- Motorists can expect delays
- The closure will not impact eastbound I-70
- All construction schedules are weather dependent and subject to change