Wheat Ridge 101
About the Program
Wheat Ridge 101 is a free seven-week interactive course taking place on Wednesday evenings each Fall. Provided in partnership by the City of Wheat Ridge and Localworks, this program is designed to share detailed information about how the City of Wheat Ridge works, and to discuss strategies for community input and engagement.
Wheat Ridge 101 will cover topics related to:
- City of Wheat Ridge Government and How it Works
- How We Got Here: Wheat Ridge as an Evolving City
- How the Community can Effectively Provide Input and Get Involved
- How Change Occurs: Planning, Zoning, Economic Development, and Urban Renewal
- Building an Understanding of Infrastructure, Public Works and Engineering
- How the Wheat Ridge Police Department Keeps the Community Safe
- Engaging in the Fun with Parks and Recreation Department
The next Wheat Ridge 101 program will take place in Fall 2022 on Wednesday evenings from 6-9 p.m. At this time, the City is anticipating an in-person environment and keeping up to date with public health guidelines.
There is no resident or age requirement to apply to this program. Wheat Ridge 101 is open to anyone with a connection to Wheat Ridge who is interested in learning more about the City.
Class size is limited.
Applications are now closed for Wheat Ridge 101. Applications will open in Summer 2022.
Send an email to WR101@ci.wheatridge.co.us with any questions about this program.