Wheat Ridge 101
About the Program
Wheat Ridge 101 is a free seven-week interactive course taking place on Wednesday evenings from September 22 through November 3, 2021. Provided in partnership by the City of Wheat Ridge and Localworks, this program is designed to share detailed information about how the City of Wheat Ridge works, and to discuss strategies for community input and engagement.
Wheat Ridge 101 will cover topics related to:
- City of Wheat Ridge Government and How it Works
- How We Got Here: Wheat Ridge as an Evolving City
- How the Community can Effectively Provide Input and Get Involved
- How Change Occurs: Planning, Zoning, Economic Development, and Urban Renewal
- Building an Understanding of Infrastructure, Public Works and Engineering
- How the Wheat Ridge Police Department Keeps the Community Safe
- Engaging in the Fun with Parks and Recreation Department
This program will take place on Wednesday evenings from 6-9 p.m. from September 22 through November 3, 2021. At this time, the City is anticipating an in-person environment and keeping up to date with public health guidelines.
There is no resident or age requirement to apply to this program. Wheat Ridge 101 is open to anyone with a connection to Wheat Ridge who is interested in learning more about the City.
Class size is limited. Applications will be reviewed by an evaluation committee and all applicants will be notified by September 8, 2021.
Apply for Wheat Ridge 101
The application period for Wheat Ridge 101's Fall 2021 session opens on August 1 and closes on August 20.
Send an email to WR101@ci.wheatridge.co.us with any questions about this program.