Effective Feb. 11, 2022 at 11:59 p.m., the Jefferson County Board of Health has rescinded Public Health Order 21-006, the public health order requiring the use of masks in all public, indoor settings, including school and childcare settings.
While the Jefferson County PHO is set to expire on Feb. 11, 2022 at 11:59 p.m., any state or federal mask requirements will remain in place in the county – such as the federal requirement for all individuals to wear a mask when using public transportation and CDPHE’s Public Health Order 20-38, which requires unvaccinated individuals to wear masks in specific settings, including medical facilities (including long term care facilities), homeless shelters, prisons and jails.
City staff continues to assist Wheat Ridge businesses and residents in a variety of ways: by appointment, online form submission, telephone, email, information on the City website on Whats UpWheat Ridge, WheatRidgeSpeaks, and social media.
City Office Hours
Hours are as follows: (face masks as required indoors per JCPH order)
- City Hall Walkup Customer Service 9 a.m. – 4 p.m
- Building Division Walkup Customer Service 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Appointments will be available between the hours of 8 – 9 a.m. and 4 – 5 p.m. Please refer to the City Guide to make an appointment with a specific department.
WR Recreation Center and Pool - Open M – Th from 5 a.m. – 10 p.m., Fri. from 5 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., Sat. from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m., Sun. from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. RootedinFun.com
WR Pool Schedule
Anderson Building - Open for registered activities, sports and event rentals
Park and Facility Rentals - Accepting rentals for the Wheat Ridge Recreation Center, Richards-Hart Estate, and park pavilions
Municipal Court - Open M – F from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Check website for updates
For questions, contact the appropriate staff person if in-person assistance is required. Quick Reference Guide
This page was last updated on February 11, 2022.
- Jefferson County Public Health Mask Order 21-004 effective Oct. 9, 2021
- General COVID-19 Information from CDPHE/CDHSEM
- City of Wheat Ridge Emergency Declaration
- Jefferson County Public Health Order 20-009
- JeffCo Public Health Order - JCPH pre-approval for events over 100 indoors/175 outdoors
- Governor Extends Statewide Mask Order for an additional 30 days as of December 9, 2020.
- JCPH Order Requiring Face Coverings in Public Where Social Distancing Cannot be Maintained
- Governor Signs Protect Our Neighbors Executive Order
- Jeffco Moves to State’s Safer at Home Order on Sat. May 9, 2020
- Governor Polis Extends Tax Payment Deadlines
- JCPH Extends Stay-at-Home Order through May 8
- Stay at Home Order Extended to April 26, 2020
- Stay at Home Executive Order, March 25, 2020
- Stay at Home Order information page
- Stay at Home Colorado Guide
- View all 2020 Executive Orders
COVID-19 Quick Links
- A New Dial for Protect Our Neighbors, Safer at Home and Stay at Home.
- Cases in the U.S. (per the CDC)
- Cases in Jefferson County (per JCPH)
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Fact Sheet
- Prevention Measures - Protect yourself and your community from getting and spreading respiratory illnesses like Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19). Everyone has a role in preparedness and staying healthy.
- Sign up for Emergency Preparedness Notifications from the City of Wheat Ridge. Check the box next to "Emergency Preparedness" in the Alert Center to get updates about COVID-19 in Wheat Ridge sent through email and text.
Message from Jefferson County Emergency Management
Jefferson County Public Health urges our community to practice important everyday actions to prevent the disease and help stop its spread:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing and sneezing, throw the tissue away and then wash your hands again.
- Avoid touching your face including your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid being around anyone with cold- or flu-like symptoms.
- If you’re sick, stay home and away from public places.
- Get a flu shot if you have not had yours yet.
If you are feeling ill with symptoms associated with COVID-19, like cough, fever or difficulty breathing:
- Manage your symptoms at home the same way you manage other cold symptoms. We want to reduce the risk of transmission, so to the extent possible, people with flu-like symptoms should remain at home.
- If you need medical care, contact your health care provider and schedule a visit. Let them know that you are concerned you might have COVID-19.
- Only contact 911 for emergencies requiring immediate life-saving care and let them know if you are concerned you might have COVID-19.
- Restrict visits to the hospital emergency room or urgent care — only individuals needing immediate care should visit these facilities. If you must visit an ER or urgent care facility, call ahead and let them know that you are concerned you might have COVID-19.
Do NOT call 911 if you are seeking general medical advice or wish to be tested for COVID-19.
- For general questions, call CO-HELP at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911, or email COHELP@RMPDC.org for answers in English and Spanish.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Colorado Dept. of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE)
- Jefferson County Public Health
- National Centers for Disease Control
Facility Openings and Updates
Until June 1, 2021 the following still applies for access to in-person services at City Hall. Please check back if COVID hospitalizations rise and require additional changes from JCPH.
- City Hall is open by appointment only Tues-Thur from 8-11:30 a.m. and 1-4 p.m.
- City staff continue to provide services online, by email and by phone. For assistance use this Guide
- Municipal Court is scheduling cases virtually and in-person. The Court window is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Questions? Call 303-235-2835.
- WRPD Records Window is now open; however records can be requested online and some police reports can be filed electronically. Questions? Call 303-235-2921 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recreation Center, Active Adult Center and the Anderson Building Check Parks and Recreation website
- Anderson Pool Opens May 29
The City of Wheat Ridge will begin walkup service on Tuesday, June 1, 2021.
Hours will be as follows:
- Walkup Customer Service 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Building Division Walkup Customer Service 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- In addition, appointments are available between the hours of 8-9 a.m. and 4-5 p.m. Please refer to the City Guide to make an appointment with a specific department.
Updates on Public-facing services
- Until June 1, members of the public who are unable to get the assistance they need online or by phone can make an appointment with staff from 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1-4 p.m on Tues., Wed. and Thurs. only. Members of the public should contact the appropriate staff person to make an appointment. Quick Reference Guide
- Wheat Ridge Parks and Recreation is complying with the current state and federal recommendations safety protocols for both patrons and staff. Update on Services.
- Municipal Court is scheduling on a case-by-case basis. The Court window is open Tues.-Thurs. Call 303-235-2835.
- City Clerk’s office email email@example.com or call 303-235-2823 or 2816. More info on the City webpage.
- Business licensing and tax services email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-235-2820. More info on the City webpage.
- For the building permit counter, call 303-235-2855 #6 for assistance. More info on the City webpage.
- Requests for Police Reports can be made online.
- Wheat Ridge Special Event Permitting and Park Pavilion Rentals info on the Parks and Recreation webpage
- For Public Works department contractor licensing and permitting, call 303-235-2855 #4 for assistance.
- ROW Construction Permit Applications are available here
- To submit a CORA request, please check the City website for available public records. Find more information here.
Public and Neighborhood Meetings
- Public and neighborhood meetings are being held virtually. Please check the calendar for specific information.
News Release, June 5, 2020 - City of Wheat Ridge Updates on Services
News Release, May 19, 2020 - City of Wheat Ridge Offers Second Round of Small Business Grants
News Release, April 23, 2020 - City of Wheat Ridge Issues Mask Order
News Release, April 9, 2020 - City of Wheat Ridge Launches Small Business Stabilization Program
News Release, April 10, 2020 - City Emergency Manager Restricts Usage In/On Clear Creek
News Release March 27, 2020 - Wheat Ridge Kicks off Virtual City Council Meetings
News Release March 26, 2020 - City Extends Facilities Closure Until April 10, 2020
News Release March 16, 2020 - Wheat Ridge Closes all City Facilities March 2020
News Release March 13, 2020 - City of Wheat Ridge Responds to COVID-19 with Closures
If you’d like updates about COVID-19 through email or text, sign up for notifications. Scroll to Alert Center, and subscribe to category "Emergency Preparedness" to receive updates about COVID-19.
- Find information for business needs here.
- Update from CDPHE on Pets, link and scroll down to pets
- CDPHE new online Symptom Checker.
- Donate supplies to Lutheran Medical Center
- Statewide Feeding Task Force announced that Colorado received a $3 million delivery of infant supplies from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) that includes:
- 8,200 cases of formula
- 23,260 packages of diapers
- 53,167 packages of diaper wipes
- for more information on how to access these resources, visit the Office of Early Childhood’s website.
- Mortgage and Rental Assistance
- Human Services has partnered with the County Department of Public Health to provide a resource link for affected residents in need of emergency assistance.
Low Income Residential Utility Program
- Colorado’s Affordable Residential Energy (CARE) Program; Energy Outreach Colorado - energy audits and free energy efficiency upgrades.
- Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP); Department of Human Services - federally funded program to help pay for heating costs.
- Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP); Colorado Energy Office - insulation, air sealing, windows/doors, lighting, HVAC.
Jefferson County Public Schools: