Doing Business at City Hall? Staring August 19, Allow a Little More Time
In order to ensure a safe and secure environment for our customers, staff and community, changes are underway at City Hall.
Beginning August 19, visitors to City Hall will be asked to check in at the reception desk and show a government issued photo ID. This will be required of visitors before proceeding to meeting rooms, the building permit counter, the business license desk and City Clerk’s office. There will be no change to visitors arriving for court or to pay fees at the Court window or for those obtaining services at the Police Department’s records window. Please allow a few extra minutes when conducting business at City Hall.
Thank you for your patience as we implement this additional security designed to increase the safety of our staff as well as everyone conducting business with the City of Wheat Ridge.
The City Clerk is elected by the voters of Wheat Ridge every four years. The mission of the City Clerk's Department is to provide and facilitate exemplary service to every citizen of the City of Wheat Ridge.
Responsibilities and Services
- Maintain and certify records of all City business, including:
- meeting minutes
- official deeds
- Administer all municipal elections
- Act as chairperson of the Election Commission
- Provide and manage all petition forms for any purpose under the provisions of the City's Charter
- Handle the posting of all public notices
- Keep records and applications for the City's volunteer Boards and Commissions
"No other office in municipal service has so many contacts. It serves the mayor, the city council, the city manager, and all administrative departments without exception. All of them call upon it, almost daily, for some service or information. Its work is not spectacular, but it demands versatility, alertness, accuracy, and no end of patience. The public does not realize how many loose ends of city administration this office pulls together." ~ William Bennitt Munro, eminent political scientist.
- When is the next City Election?
- How many Seats are open for that Election?
- What are the qualifications for an individual to be elected to office in Wheat Ridge?
- How do I find out what District I live in?
- I want to serve on a Board or Commission. What do I do?
- Where do I get copies of City Council Agendas and/or Minutes?
- How do I obtain a Liquor License in Wheat Ridge?
- When is the next Council Meeting?
- How do I do a public records request?
- How do I obtain voter registration information.