- Your City
- Administrative Services
- Tax & Licensing
Tax & Licensing
Taxes are due on the 20th of each month.
Mail Returns and License Renewals to:
City of Wheat Ridge
7500 W. 29th Ave
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
Returns are due by the 20th of the month, and we honor the postmark.
New State Business License Rules
The City follows the new administrative rule for local business licenses promulgated by the State in Senate Bill 22-032. Senate Bill 22-032 became effective July 1, 2022 and simply put, prohibits the City from collecting a license fee from the business depending on the nexus of the business. A business has either physical or economic nexus. For more information, see below, but in general physical nexus means a business has a physical location in the City. Economic nexus means the business does not have a physical location in the City but does business in the City through deliveries and occasional or incidental business transactions.
Business License Renewal
- Physical Nexus – If you are renewing your business license for 2023 and meet the definition of a business with physical nexus, you should renew your business license for 2023 as you normally do. If you renew by filing online, please use e-tax. If you are mailing your business license renewal form to the City of Wheat Ridge, please include a payment of $20 with your account number made payable to The City of Wheat Ridge.
- Economic Nexus - If you are renewing your business license for 2023 and meet the definition of a business with economic nexus, you should renew your business license for 2023 as you normally do. Please renew by filling out the Business License Renewal form, and please complete the remote seller form.
What is the difference between Physical and Economic Nexus?
The table below is a general guideline to distinguish physical nexus from economic nexus.
|Physical Nexus||Economic Nexus|
|- Maintaining a Location|
- Engaging in Services
- Maintaining Employees
- Subject to other taxable privileges
- Subject to other regulations
|- Delivery by common carrier|
- Delivery by their own vehicle
Communicate Changes or Request Forms
- Moved within the City, new mailing address, new contact: Business and Tax License Account Updater
- Account Closure Form (moved out of the City, closed or sold the business)
- Emergency Contact
- Request Form(s)