OverviewThe City Manager’s Office provides organizational leadership and ensures the goals and objectives of the City are achieved, as directed by the Mayor and City Council.
The City of Wheat Ridge operates within a council-manager form of government. This system of local government combines the strong political leadership of elected officials in the form of a council, with the managerial experience of an appointed local government manager.
The plan establishes a representative system where all power is concentrated in the elected council as a whole and where the council hires a professionally trained manager to oversee the delivery of public services.
The City Manager, Patrick Goff, was appointed by the City Council to direct the administration of Wheat Ridge under the policy direction of the City Council. His responsibilities include:
- Providing information to assist the City Council in developing policy
- Implementing City Council policy
- Supervising the operation of Wheat Ridge Departments
- Working on regional issues to ensure the high quality of life for Wheat Ridge residents
- Reporting to the City Council on administrative activities
The latest can be viewed here.
The City Council Strategic Plan can be viewed here
The (NRS) and information about the update process can be viewed here