Permit Submittal Information
Documents, specifications and information required to submit for a building permit vary based on the type of project to be performed. By selecting a project specific link below, a checklist of items that are required in order to submit for a building permit may be accessed. Each project specific checklist also provides a set of the forms that must accompany any submittal for that type of project. For additional information concerning submittal requirements, you may directly contact the specific department establishing the requirement. Building & Inspections Services may be reached at 303-235-2855; Development & Zoning Services may be reached at 303-235-2846; and the Public Works Department may be reached at 303-235-2861.
Permit applications requiring plan review must be submitted with two sets of plans on at least 11" x 17" paper. The maximum size accepted is 30" x 42". Applications accompanied by plan sets larger than 30" x 42" will not be accepted.
- New Single Family Dwelling
- New Duplex
- Residential Addition
- Residential Attached Garage
- Residential Detached Garage
- Residential Accessory Structure (Shed, Gazebo, etc)
- Residential Carport
- Residential Patio Cover
- Residential Deck
- Residential Interior Remodel
- Asbestos Abatement
- Residential Basement Finish
- Solar Panel Installation
- Exterior Facade
- Swimming Pools
- Building Permit Application
- Asbestos Abatement
- Subcontractor Authorization - Electrical
- Subcontractor Authorization - Plumbing
- Subcontractor Authorization - Mechanical
- Homeowner Notarized Document
- Electronic Payment Form
- Foundation Setback-Elevation Certification (RESIDENTIAL)
- Foundation Setback-Elevation Certification (COMMERCIAL)
- Proof of Submission for Water & Sanitation
- Proof of Submission Form (Fairmont Fire Only)
- Retaining Wall
- Surveying Requirements
- Third-Party Inspector List (Steep Roofs Only) *Updated 1/9/2020
Proof of submission is required from the Fire Department with the permit application on the following types of projects: new commercial structures, commercial interior remodels and tenant finishes, fire sprinklers, etc.
West Metro and Arvada Fire Districts require online submittals for plan review and permitting. When submitting your permit application to the Building Division, provide a copy of the online submittal confirmation. This can be the printed email or a printed copy of the confirmation page.
Fairmont Fire Plan Review Submittal Opens a New Window. - requires signed copy of Proof of Submission Opens a New Window. form
Plan Review Times
- Residential up to four weeks
- Commercial 4-6 weeks
*Please note that expedited plan review is not available and plans are reviewed in the order they are received.