Carnation Festival InfoFor more information about the Carnation Festival August 10-12, 2018
Temporary Business and Tax License
- Apply for the License: Use the first two pages of this form.
- License Fee: FREE
- Tax Deposit if You Sell Things: $50
- Special Notes:
- Post the license or keep it handy for inspection.
- Already licensed? Great! Bring a copy of your license with you. No deposit is required.
You may include tax in the price to keep your sales simple, if you post a sign saying you do.
- Sales tax applies to:
- Sales of food
- Sales of merchandise
- NOT face-painting, henna tattoos, balloon bending, cheap object bending or neck rubs: pay tax when you buy supplies!
- If you're licensed for the event only, the return is due within 20 days of the event.
- The deposit offsets what you owe.
- If you're a non-seller, please still file a ZERO return!
- If you owe less than the deposit, a refund will be mailed to you.
- If you're a regular license holder, remit the tax with your usual return.
- ONLINE filing is available to all licensed participants.
- What happens if you file late:
- a 10% penalty or $15, whichever is more
- What happens if you don't file:
- The tax deposit is forfeited.
- We might not license you next year, or send flying monkeys to your door.
- The Tax Division will be happy to assist you with any tax and licensing questions. Please view the staff directory for contact information.
- Tax staff will also roam the event.