Adopted Codes & Amendments
Upcoming Public Meeting
The City of Wheat Ridge Building Division is hosting a public meeting to discuss the upcoming building code adoption of the 2018 International Building Codes. The meeting will be held on Wednesday, August 14 from 9-11 a.m. at the Wheat Ridge Recreation Center, 4005 Kipling Street. Contractors, design professions, and local developers are encouraged to come and participate in the discussion of the new code adoption and proposed local amendments.
The topics that will be covered at the public meeting are listed here.
Effective July 1, 2018 City of Wheat Ridge will be enforcing the 2017 National Electrical Code, as adopted by the State of Colorado.
Effective July 1, 2018 City of Wheat Ridge will be enforcing the State of Colorado adopted Plumbing Code and Colorado Fuel Gas Code.
Effective December 1, 2014 mid-roof inspections will be required for all asphalt roof coverings.
Effective December 1, 2014 Building & Inspection Services switched to the 2012 International Codes as adopted by City Council on October 13, 2014. Amendments to each are listed below:
- 2012 International Building Code Amendments
- 2012 International Mechanical Code Amendments
- 2012 International Plumbing Code Amendments
- 2012 International Energy Conservation Code Amendments
- 2012 International Residential Code Amendments
- 2012 International Fire Code Amendments
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code Amendments
- 2012 International Property Maintenance Code Amendments
- NFPA 99 Standards for Health Care Facilities, 2015 Edition
- Uniform Code for the Abatement of Dangerous Buildings, 1997 Edition
Code books are available for purchase through the or the ICC Store.
International Code Council I-Code Editions can be found at http://premiumaccess.iccsafe.org/ putting the mouse on I-codes, selecting the year (City of Wheat Ridge is currently under the 2012), and selecting the book needing reference. From there, you can select the code edition.