Budget EngagementBalancing Act is a fun and easy way for residents to learn about public budgets and the choices their elected officials face in the budgeting process. It allows participants to try allocating funds— expressing their priorities and preferences.
Tax Receipt is an app that estimates the portions of sales and property taxes paid by Wheat Ridge residents that are available to use for city services.
Open Budget is a budget transparency software that presents the City budget in an easy to use online format that includes interactive charts and graphs.
The City of Wheat Ridge's budget develops the road map necessary for providing programs and services to citizens of Wheat Ridge. The City Council and City staff put a great deal of effort and time into preparing the annual budget. The City's annual budget process includes considerable staff participation from all departments, along with City Council direction concerning key policy areas as well as input from residents.
Important steps in the 2018 budget process include:
- Public Input: First Opportunity July 10, 2017
- Second Opportunity August 14, 2017
- Proposed Budget Available for Viewing September 4, 2017*
- Proposed Budget Presented to City Council September 18, 2017*
- Public Hearing on Proposed Budget September 25, 2017*
- Adoption of Budget October 9, 2017*
*Please note dates are subject to change. We will update this list with the most current information.